icono color nuevo

Hotel de Alba


arribes del duero a


"Declared a transboundary biosphere reserve by Unesco."

The Arribes del Duero Natural Park is a protected natural area in western Spain and more specifically in the northwest of the province of Salamanca and the southwest of the province of Zamora, in the autonomous community of Castilla y León, next to the Portuguese border.

In addition, on June 9, 2015 it was declared a transboundary biosphere reserve by Unesco, together with several Spanish and Portuguese protected areas, highlighting the natural park of Lago de Sanabria and surroundings in Spanish territory and the Duero Internacional on the Portuguese side, as well as several areas of the Natura 2000 Network, such as the Duero Canyons, the Lagunas de Villafáfila, the Sierra de la Culebra or Albufera del Azibo and Romeo, among others, under the name of Meseta Ibérica.

lago de sanabria a


The natural park of Lake Sanabria and surroundings, is a Spanish natural area, located in the northwestern corner of the province of Zamora (Castilla y León), in the foothills of the mountains Segundera and Cabrera.

It is the most characteristic element of this territory, the largest lake of glacial origin of the Iberian Peninsula, with 318.7 ha and a maximum depth of 53 m. In addition, and scattered throughout the mountain range, you can find more than twenty lagoons, several canyons demonstrative of the same Quaternary glacial action and countless waterfalls and streams that have given rise to an area with incredible static and landscape values. This natural area was declared a natural park in 1978, although since 1946 it has been protected by the administration as a «natural site of national interest»


Most of its Romanesque temples date back to the 12th century.

Zamora is a luxury for lovers of Romanesque art. Its approximately twenty temples built in this style, more than half of which retain most of its structure, make it a place of reference for this historical moment.

Its history is linked to its strategic location. A rocky promontory overlooking the course of the great Douro River. Vacceos first and Rome later settled in the Mansio in the «Via de la Plata» (Merida-Astorga-Zaragoza) known as Ocellum Duri. Later the Visigoths in the VIth century knew it as Semure. In medieval times it was repopulated by Fernando I. His daughter, Doña Urraca became queen of the city. Sancho II in 1072 tried to take it for more than seven months without success («Zamora was not won in an hour») dying at the hands of Bellido Dolfos who, pursued by the Cid, fled through the «gate of treason»

romanico de zamora a
semana santa en zamora a


The Holy Week in Zamora is one of the only ones in the country that has a museum of Holy Week, being that of Zamora the first museum of Holy Week of Spain.

It is considered one of the most important Holy Weeks in Spain. Because of its marked signs of identity and the fervor with which the Zamoran Passion is lived, this celebration was declared of International Tourist Interest in 1986 and in 2015 it was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest by the Junta de Castilla y León with the supervision of the Ministry of Culture of the Government of Spain. This is the previous step to be recognized as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.

san pedro de la nave a


"One of the last works of Visigothic art."

The Visigothic church of San Pedro de la Nave is located in the town of El Campillo, municipality of San Pedro de la Nave-Almendra, in the province of Zamora (Spain). It was declared a National Monument on April 22, 1912 (published in the bulletin of April 29, 1912).

The temple dates back to the end of the 7th century, as it must have been built between 680 and 711, that is, in the years before the Muslim conquest, so it may be one of the last works of Visigothic art. It was originally located on the banks of the Esla River, but when the Ricobayo reservoir was built, it would have been submerged in its waters, so, at the initiative of Manuel Gómez-Moreno, it was decided to move it stone by stone to its current location. This operation was carried out between 1930 and 1932 under the direction of the architect Alejandro Ferrant Vázquez.